Londrina August 1, 2011

WOOOHOOO!

This was a week of miracles! This month we had made a goal for everyone (all of the missionaries) to baptize this month. Until now the most our mission had ever baptized in a month was 124 people and the record for one week was 41 people. So, with the finish of this month we ended up with 150 children of God being baptized this month and 41 this week! Yahoo! We have a system to send a journal thing to everybody about the miracles that happened during the week and this week it was like 5 pages long! Só milagres! Yahoo! This mission is growing a whole lot and it is so awesome to see the work of the Lord happening here.

So, this week was crazy too. When I said that I was kind of sick last week it was a bit of an understatement. I was actually pretty darn sick. I´m totally good now so don´t worry, but this week Sister Tavares ordered me to stay at home Monday until Thursday to get better. It was super frustrating to just sit around and recuperate, but I used the time to call everybody and excite people and see how the mission was doing with baptisms and everything and it was actually pretty fun. I spent a lot of time in the office as well helping President with random stuff. When it got to be Friday

I finally was better and Bauru needed a lot of help. There were a lot of missionaries there that hadn´t baptized yet and so President sent all 4 Assistants there to do craziness. I went to a city clear out in the middle of nowhere called Lençois Paulistas and also in the city of Bauru. It was craziness and we ended up with 10 baptisms this week in Bauru. Miracles people! Also Elza and Thayná and Kelly and doing great there in Bauru. Super cool. We got back from Bauru this afternoon and now we have to have a meeting with President because we have a leadership conference tomorrow that didn´t get planned super well yet because we were all traveling. Anyways, Craziness and awesomeness all at the same time! I will attach some of the accounts of miracles because it is super cool to read. Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mary Ann! Thank you so much for your support and love and everything. I got both of the packages and I loved them! Thank you for the memory card and the tie and the candy! The best thing was the letter from Camille. I liked the discourso from Presidente Randy too! I hope the birthday was excellent and send a hug to everybody in the family! It looks like you had a great time in Idaho! Man, family is so great. Phillipy is way cool too! Say hi to him for me.

I bear testimony that miracles are real! I know that Christ is the Lord and that He lives and loves us. The power of the priesthood is real and miracles really happen and is response to faith. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that we have a living prophet. I love you all and I am praying for you every night! Keep up the great work Mom and always remember that I love you!
-Elder Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment