Foz do Iguacu November 21, 2011


Thank you so very much for your 2 letters this week! It was good demais! Elder Folland and Sharon say that I speak English really weird now. I was dumb struck happy when I read that Zack gave a talk in church! I have been praying for him for a long, long time! Holy cow! Also I was a little sad to hear about Bro. Merrell, but at least now he will be able to play organ all he wants! Take good care of Sister Merrell, they are such good people. I am happy that Sharon´s play went well! She must be very good. Thanks for the counsel as well. I am being happy but the zone is in a pretty hard spot right now. Vamo lá! Desanima não! (Let’s go! Not be discouraged! The great news was that this week........ 3 baptisms! Waahhoo!

We really saw the hand of the Lord Foz miracles this week. We ran like crazy. We did so many divisions this week that I felt like an assistant again. You can’t get too used to sleeping in a bed now can you? :) The people who were baptized were Aline, Maria and Viviane! It was so special to see Elder Folland baptizing for the very first time. He loved it and we have another 2 marked already for this week. Sometimes it takes a while, but start us and you can’t stop us! HA! The Lord has really blessed us a lot. I recognize like you wrote that baptism is not everything, nor how we measure our success, but I am so happy when like Ammon, I see many of my brethren truly repented and showing forth their faith making covenants with Heavenly Father, In Doctrine and Covenants 20 we read, an Apostle is an Elder, and the calling of an Elder is to baptize! God has really blessed us this week, so let keep on working. This week unfortunately we had to stop teaching a lot of our investigators because they stopped progressing or don’t want it, but we will work super hard to find a bunch of new people this week. It should be pretty awesome. In our divisions, we taught 4 more people that accepted to be baptized this week, but it didn’t work out, and so they will probably be baptized next week. Hurrah for Israel.

We had some super good food this week to. I am going to learn how to make Churrasco and it will be bom demais! (so good!)

I love you so very much mommy! Thank you loads and load for the prayers advice and thoughts. Tell everybody that I love them in the family and back at home. And Happy Christmas Harry! I know the work in the temples is true. I know that the prophets today can lead us like the Liahona. I know that prayer is really communication with God and that He hears and answers us. Never give up! NEVER surrender. Have a great week!

-Elder Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment