Foz do Iguacu October 31, 2011

Hello Mother! This week has been crazy wild! I´ve been doing some stuff for the zone and so I will have to be brief in my letter today. To answer your questions: Elder Folland is from Bountiful, UT, he stayed in California waiting a visa, We live with 2 other Elders (Braga e Fonseca) there are 12 Missionaries in our Zone we travel by bus to visit them yes, and once a week. It feels good to stay in one place all week. We have got some pretty great families to work with. There is one family of Josmar and Lucia that went to church with us and loved it. Also a man and his son Robert and Romulo went to church and loved it! We are also teaching a family from Paraguay that speaks more Spanish and Guaraní than Portuguese. This is interesting, but there are several members that speak well and they help us out. Foz makes a stake with another city called Cascavel. The church is reasonably strong here. The people in Foz are way different because they live on the border and there is lots of tourism and people from other countries. It is pretty crazy here some times and I love it. We had a nice awesome Brazilian rain storm on Saturday that flooded parts of the city and ripped off a part of our roof. It was pretty exciting saving our things from the water! Everything is all good now. It was just pretty crazy at the time. I am glad everyone is doing well back at home. Send my best wishes to everybody and I promise to write a better letter (ha that rhymed!) next week. Tell Sharon congrats about her band. They had better be good. :) I know that Christ lives and loves us. I know that the resurrection is real. I know that we have a living prophet to guide us in these latter days. I know the Book of Mormon is true. Até mais! Love you! -Elder Markham Also the food here is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment