Londrina September 19, 2011

Hello Mother!

I am so glad that you are alright! That is scary that you had a car accident, but I am super happy that you and nobody else were hurt. I love you a whole lot and I don’t want anything to happen to you! I am certain that God has a great plan for each of us and that we are in His hands. Thank you for sharing your miracle story with me. I always pray for you and Sharon every night. Us Markhams do have to make our mark on the city! Haha!

Yesterday I met one of Dad´s companions from the mission! I am super mad that I didn’t have my camera with me, but I got his address and telephone number! His name is Flávio Cordeiro. I was on a division with the secretaries in 1st Ward and I was calling all of the members to go say hello to some investigators that were there when he said Elder Markham? Did your dad serve a mission in Portugal? He remembered the name and knew that we were related. Crazy! I talked to him for a little bit and he said Dad was a really good Elder. Too bad I didn’t have lots of time talk with him, but I will for sure call him later!

First all to answer your questions: Elder Stinocher is in Zone Cascavel (which means rattlesnake!) and baptized 3 people last week! Foz means falls. Foz do Iguaçu means Iguaçu Falls because of the waterfalls. Our mission has 158 missionaries and 11 zones. That is why we are traveling all of the time! It is quite a lot. This month is being really difficult for our mission. We need to pray for a huge miracle this week to meet our goals and not slip backwards. This last week was very difficult as well. I did a division in Londrina and literally wore out my orthopedics. I have to go get new ones today. haha! Sometimes I guess we have to go through hard things so that God can teach us what we need to know. I have been enjoying reading the Book of Mormon a lot this week. If you are not reading daily I challenge you to start now! I am also super excited for conference general. It should be quite good.

Please tell Grandpa Happy Birthday for me and give him a huge hug and tell him I love him. I feel bad that I haven´t been able to write letters to anybody lately. Not Grandpa or Ryan or Jessica or anybody, but this is the first P-day that I´ve had this month! Haha! I enjoy being assistant, but sometimes it is a whole lot of stress and tiredness. But I wasn´t kidding when I said I´d wear myself out for the Lord! Hurrah for Israel! Whoohoo!

I would just like to bear my testimony that I know that this church is true. I testify that God calls prophets in our times and that the Holy Spirit will always guide us if we let him. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it is convincing evidence to all that Jesus is the Christ and what we need to do to be happy. I love you so much and I am so happy that you are safe and sound!
Until later days!
-Elder Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment