Bauru May 3, 2011

Hey Momma!
Sorry that this email is late and also will be a little short. We had a huge plans shuffle the other day! On Saturday I got a call from the assistants inviting me to a leadership conference in Londrina. So Sunday we went down there and we had originally thought to stay until Wednesday. On Monday we had a super sweet Conference with and Area Seventy that knows Brother Tyler (Tell Tom that Elder Araúju says hello!). After that President randomly decided to cancel the meetings the next day (today) and we took a midnight bus back to Bauru and got here 4 in the morning and slept a bit at some other missionaries house and now its P-day. Boy I am pretty beat right now!

This last week has been a little bit harder. We are still working with some good people, but a lot of baptismal dates fell through and we need to find some new people now. We got to watch a broadcast from President Monson for our stake conference here and it was super cool. After that the leadership conference was super super spiritual. We learned about the importance of being an instrument in the hands of the Lord and trying to do what He wants in our areas and not just what we want. I learned a great deal and I really felt the spirit super strong there. It is one of the best meetings I have ever been to.

My mind is not really working right now and I can´t think too well about any great stories right in the moment, but I will get on it and write some cool stuff. The news about Osama is crazy. President passed a bunch of guidelines for a few areas with lots of Muslims. Bauru is pretty chill though. War is sad and should stop.

Tell Sister Otterstrom parabêms! That is pretty cool that they had another child! Nils will be really happy too.

I hope everything turns out well with the cabin and stuff! Silly flooding, Trix are for kids! Give Sharon a gigantic and really big hug for me too. I know this was a cruddy e-mail but I would like to bear my testimony that I know that God loves us. When life gets dark and dreary, we need to pray the most and He really does hear and answer us. I know we have a living prophet who receives revelation for all of us. I believe that we can all be a little more in tune with what God wants us to do and truly make miracles happen in our lives. I feel the need to be a better person and I know the Atonement can help me to achieve that goal. I love you so much and I will be praying for you always!
Love,
-Elder Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment