Cambe December 20, 2010

December 20, 2010
Oi from Cambé!
As the first bit of news, I was not transferred and neither was Elder De Souza. We will be here mais uma tranferencia! Actually I think this is awesome because Cambe is a great place and it will be my first time to stay somewhere more than a month! Ha! As for good ole Provo that is crazy that the tabernacle burned down! Crazy! That thing has always been there. Oh well, I guess life is full of changes and old things become new. I bet Grandpa was sad to hear about that. I hope they can rebuild it real nice...
I know the Lord is blessing us a whole ton with your health and such, but still winter can be a hard time I know. It’s cold and dark and gloomy, but at least it’s not 100 degrees and raining and humid! Christmas will be really weird here in the heat! As a matter of fact this inspired a song that I will send to you in another e-mail. Thank you for your advice. A lot of that stuff is in Preach MY Gospel, but I always need a reminder to keep on going! Thank you so much for your sensitivity and love. I can relate to Jesse, it is really hard to joke around in Portuguese and I am a bit of a robot. Also, Elder De Souza knows Jujitsu and so practical jokes are...... unwise :) My only defense is to sit on him because I´m like twice his size. A whole bunch of our old investigators unfortunately had to be dropped for a time because of that pesky agency thing, but we are working really hard to find new people to teach. We are going to have a baptism this Wednesday for a kid named Juan. He is way smart and although his parents aren´t members he goes to church every week with his Grandma and he is way excited about everything. Brazilian kids are pretty cool. This week we also found a new area of the city that we hadn´t been and found some good people to teach. One just recently lost her boyfriend in a car wreck and we had a really spiritual lesson about the plan of salvation. She knows lots of people in the church and we are going to work really hard to help her out and get baptized! Hurray for Israel! Tonight we have an appointment with a Jehovah Witness family who wants to hear our lesson and then give theirs. It should be pretty exciting! Ha-ha. (Disclaimer: Bible Bashing is bad and we will not do that.) It’s also been raining a TON this week which is nice for the sun, but rather.... wet. Yup. That about sums up my life. What between that chuva and the pia batismal..... :) Please tell Sis Gornichec and the rest of the ward thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have been so blessed with wonderful examples and I know it is thanks to all of them that I am here. We are getting pretty excited for Christmas too! Yea! Christmas! I will clearly want to hear all the updates next week about virtually everything. Thanks!
Elder Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment