Cascavel May 28, 2012


Captains log, Stardate 28 de maio 2012
Thank you so much for the letters. You have always been such a great font of counsel and support for me. It is really a strange feeling right now. I get really happy and then really sad from one minute to the other. This past week was really crazy. We started off doing a division in a small city called Palotina to do some more baptismal interviews. We got back running like crazy people and divided with all the members we could to teach tons of messages with members. Then on Friday we had to go back to Palotina for another interview because the first one didn’t pass! We ran back (it is 3 hours by bus to Palotina) and taught the family of Joao, Nilva, Larissa and Fernando. They are a super special family. They weren’t baptized yet, but it is just a matter of time. Last night we had a super spiritual lesson with them and I told them I was leaving. Everybody was crying and they are just so good. I will talk with them on Facebook and for sure hear about their baptism.

We said goodbye to another awesome couple named Donizete and Tuane that are just waiting to get married to get baptized and the Sisters baptized and young man that we had been teaching named Victor. It was really great. Also, just as a side note we worked so much that we ranked second place in the mission in that championship thing I told about last week, even with one pair of sisters sick and 2 visits to Palotina. Not to brag, but just that it felt good to work really hard!
So, I´m all packed up and just waiting now. I don´t have too much more to say, but I am very excited to see ya´ll. The assistants gave permission to be trunky now, so.... já era!

I am so thankful for the chance I had to serve this mission. If I ever had any doubt, which I don’t think I did, but if so it is gone now.  This is the Church of Christ. This is the true gospel. There is so much evil in this world, but there is a force so much more powerful. Miracles happen, people change, and the work will go forward. I know this church is true and the Book of Mormon is too. Most importantly I know that families are forever.
I love you so much.
Signing out
Elder Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment