Maringa February 13, 2012

Bom dia!
So thanks for the great letter! You´re the best. I am glad that the family is doing well and a bunch of exciting stuff is happening! I miss Grandpa’s potatoes and lemon dip. It’s funny because here in Brazil everybody thinks that Americans just eat potatoes and McDonalds every day. That’s great that Sharon can be so involved with tours and stuff. I always thought that tours were pretty fun. Remember when I went to Europe and it was awesome!? So tell everybody back at the ranch how much I love them and thanks for the support. Thank you VEEERRRY much for the packages! The socks and candy and sunscreen and stuff got here this week and saved my life. You are the best and greatest mommy ever!

So this week was wild and crazy. Kind of like me. That’s why my middle name is: Wildandcrazy. Speaking of strange names, there are some people here in brazil with huge names. For example, one of my old ZLs was named Yuri Lima Lisboa Almeida Vileila. Which I think is a lot of names. So, last Monday we left for Londrina. It was kind of an adventure because another Elder who was going with us missed the bus and we had to negotiate our tickets for another hour and we ended up getting to Londrina and like 10:00 at night. Oops. The conference was real good and the mission started a program for everyone to read the Book of Mormon together over the space of a few months. Pretty awesome. On Wednesday we got back and worked a lot. The next day I went on a division with Elder M. Silva who is a new District leader in a small town called Paiçandu. It was a great division. About 4:00 in the afternoon the sky just suddenly turned super black and it started raining like crazy and we had to hide in a bar. All of the streets were covered in several inches of water and the wind ripped up a whole bunch of trees around the city. It was pretty intense! The next day we had another ward activity that was pretty fun called Bolo Macho (or basically ´´man cake´´) where the men of the ward had to make a cake and the women got to judge the cake to see who made the best one! Elder Proulx knows how to cook super good and made banana bread. I bought an instant cake mix package of vanilla, threw everything in the blender, didnt spread it out in the pan right, didn’t rise, burned it, gave up on it, cut it in half, put peanut butter on one side and jelly on the other, folded it, called it a peanut butter and jelly sandwich cake and got almost last place :) It was way way funny! I think that must be the craziest thing I did this week. Also on Saturday we had the baptism of Alex! Yahoo!! It was way cool and he is really funny. Due to special circumstances he received the priesthood yesterday! It was way awesome and his family is now preparing to go to the temple. Sunday was hard, but we gave blessings to 2 people in the Hospital by our house and had a meeting with Stake President who is way awesome! So, that was my week.
I testify that this is the true church of Christ and that baptism washes away our sins. I know Christ lives and because of Him we will be free from all sorrow one day. I know that we have a living prophet who guides us. Don’t forget to read the Book of Mormon because it is awesome!

I saw a sign on a store window the other day that I really liked. It said: Don´t say to God that you have a great big problem, but say to your problem that you have a great God!
Love,
-Elder Iron Man

No comments:

Post a Comment