Maringa April 2, 2012

Hello!
Wow this was like the most trunky e-mail day ever! The office sent me my flight plans and I got my BYU schedule. Whoops!

I guess we´ll just have to baptize some people to forget! Yup. so..... How are ya? That’s great to hear that things seem to be chipper and spry back at home. Is the house all fixed up yet? One thing I miss a little bit is carpet. I think that carpet hasn’t been invented here yet. But I will miss the showers here. The hot water never runs out! Never! So thank you very much for the help with registering as well. Those seem like good classes. And I´ll have a little bit of time to think things over still when I get back.

Exactly when do classes start?
So Mirani and Angela are doing well. We are probably going to baptize Margarete, Angela’s daughter this week. Mirani and Valter came to conference with us and Valter really liked Elder Holland. The funniest thing that happened was that Elder Richard G. Scott Does his own translation because he speaks Spanish and a little Portuguese. So he records his talk beforehand and it plays back during his talk. But for some reason this recording finished about 2 minutes before his actual talk and so the translation ended and he just kept speaking English and Pastor Valter got all excited because he thought that he was speaking in tongues. I sort of died laughing.

The rest of this week was kind of slow. We are having trouble finding new people, but last night we found and awesome couple who are friends of members and have tons of possibility. Their names are Fernando and Fernanda which is also very cool.
Elder Van Orden suffered this week from ingrown toenails and had to have a mini surgery to get them taken out. Ouch! They didn’t even used anesthetic! Also there is some kind of virus here in Maringá that everyone is getting and a lot of members and investigators have been sick this week. Oh well. Today we will be going to
Londrina for leadership council again and that should be real great. I am forwarding my flight itinerary to you and so you can know when to pick me up and not have an RM situation. Elder Van Orden will be flying to Saint George and I thought, dang! I should have said to land in Provo. Do you think that would fly? (Ha! Play on words!) But just joking.

I really enjoyed conference as well. My favorites were E. Hallstrom about the church and the gospel, E. Holland about envy and Pres. Eyring about the work of God. I want to hear the priesthood session still because it was only shown 9-11 o clock and we couldn´t watch it.

I have been praying for you and I know the Lord is watching over us. I know that church is true and that the gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect. I know God lives and loves us and that the plan of salvation is real. I like Pres. Monson´s talk because it helps us know that our family will be forever. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet and the Book of Mormon is true.
Till later days!
-Elder Iron Man

No comments:

Post a Comment