Cambe February 21, 2011

Momma! Bom dia!

A primeira coisa que quero dizer é isso: Nossa que televisão enorme! The second is that I love you, and the third is I love food. Sorry your thumb got cut. Looks pretty painful and also tetanus shots hurt like crazy! I guess that’s what you get for using a knife without your totem-chip. (Boy Scout thing)

This week has been really good, although I would kill for a little snow right now. The temperature has been hovering around 95-105 for the last week or so and it rains every day which only makes it more humid. I also have an amazing ability to never get tan, only sun burnt. A lady the other day told me I am the same color as her baby when it was born! I thought that was pretty funny. I got called antisocial yesterday because I wouldn´t do the cheek-kiss goodbye thing. Brazilians are awesome and funny.

This week has been super great. We have 2 baptisms this month and we have a goal of 4. We did a special fast and made some goals to make this happen. It’s all in the Lord´s hands, but some great things are happening here in Cambé. Elder Lee and I are speaking nothing but Portuguese from 6:30 to 10:00 at night which is cool. It’s still hard to tell jokes, but I´m getting the hang of this Portuguese deal. We found lots of new people this week to teach and we taught 39 lessons, which is great! We are working with two ladies named Katia and Silvia who are way interested in the gospel, but are a little timid to go to church. We also found this awesome family with 2 kids of baptismal age. They are not sure that they want to change religion right now, but they are reading the Book of Mormon and praying and they are well educated and understand everything. All they have to do now is go to church and the gospel trap is totally sprung! Ha! They are great.

We are teaching another family who is way funny. They have a son Ricardo who is friends with all the young adults in our ward. He is way lazy, but he is so funny and he is really enjoying what he is learning. His parents like it too and ask awesome questions and are learning a ton. Évelen is practically the ward baptizer. She is the girl who brought Stella to church. And yesterday she brought another girl named Jessica who accepted a baptismal date the 12th of March and is totally reading the book of Mormon. I heard this quote that on the placard of a church it said “Do not read and pray about the Book of Mormon. That’s how they get you!” Yup. It’s totally true. Read+pray+go to church=baptized.

I got some valentines this week too. haha! I seriously did. Maybe being in a band did something for me even if I dress in the dark. I just tell all the Brazilians they are my girlfriends and they get really jealous. haha! Let’s see... what else happened this week? We got chased by this insane dog that wanted to kill us, we had this awesome cake the other day and the mission is just awesome. We are having a mission conference later today with Elder Tobias and is should be awesome. Mom, I love you so much. I have been thinking a lot about family lately and my testimony has really been growing about God´s plan for us. I know Christ is the savior of the world and I am grateful for everything you have taught me through word and example. Keep on being awesome and know that I love you and I am jealous of our TV. I will keep on working hard if you do! Give Sharon a hug for me.

-love Elder Iron Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment